Tuesday, January 31, 2006

faith in humanity: restored.

so i freaked out a little yesterday. see, i haven't consistently carried a purse...well, ever. whenever i have, i've lost it or forgot it, sometimes permanently. that sucks. i much preferred, for a long time, to just strap my life into a wallet that i could shove into my back pocket. uncomplicated. if you're sitting on it, you know it's there.

well, since sometime before christmas, i've carrying a purse (which my mom gave me, of course). sometimes successfully, sometimes unsuccessfully. case in point, i drunkenly left it at the mirage after the last day of exams party. luckily, it was all law students that night and the 1L SBA president grabbed it for me. (funny story, he also drove me and my friends home in the drunk bus. we had consumed a full bottle of tequila, with shot glasses, between the three of us. my friend A didn't realize how drunk i was till i was trying to call w, our DD for the evening, to come pick us up. i sat beside A on the bench outside the mirage and proceeded to call HER CELL PHONE. not once. not twice. at least three times. and each time, she would apparently pick it up and go "hello!? hello?!" totally priceless. anyway).

i managed to keep up with it on my roadtrip to the crookedletter state, which i was very worried about. i even got a compliment on it!

but last night i went to go to the store and couldn't find that biatch anywhere. i tore the house apart, looked up at school, everywhere. it was not to be found. w had to go get me wime cause i had no ID. it sucked. and i retraced my steps and knew that i had had it sunday night for my trip to walmart, and the only other place i had been was the laundromat. surely i wouldn't have left my purse at the sketchy ass laundromat up the street? i mean, i didn't even bring it in with me, did i?

yes. yes i did. the laundromat lady brought it back for me. said she was expecting me to come get it, but since i just lived up the street she figured she'd drop it off for me this morning. thanks laundry lady!

and it still contained everything: $59, all my credit cards, ID, nice pens, moleskine planner. everything i was worried about and would have been lost without. holy crap.

2 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, that's lucky! Last time I lost my wallet it was returned sans cash. Of course.

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you, lose something? never!
put a leash on that bad bag!
cbm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home