Thursday, April 06, 2006

why today blows already (or "sonofamotherlesswhore!")

-alarm set for 7:15 due to make up class at 8 on a day when i could wake up whenever cause my regular class is cancelled and i would only have to be here from 4-6pm.
-waking up cold and unable to go back to sleep from a dream that was more bizarre than scary, but one which i did not want to start dreaming again if i went back to sleep.
-it's still totally freezing here in the morning, and my car seemed to be only wet but was in fact covered with ice, obscuring my view for most of the drive to the coffee shop.
-ordered my "usual" at the coffee shop, and the hot young barista was like "i don't think they left me any, let me go check."
-he finds it and my day seems to turn around. i doctor it in my "usual" way (i bullet of creamer, half a splenda) and notice that it doesn't get as white as it usually does--bonus! i need a strong coffee this morning. i take a single divine sip and shudder with anticipation at how delicious the whole thing will be. place it in the cup holder and drive to school.
-get out of the car, coffee in hand, and place it on the roof of car while i open teh back door to retrieve purse and school bag.
-remember that part about the frozen car? well the windows have thawed, but NOT THE FUCKING ROOF. coffee slides of immediately and violently, smashing on the ground.
-the intense smell of the groundcoffee brings a tear to my eye. i can still smell it on my hands too. fuck it, i'm not reading for this make up class. i'm going back to the coffee shop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home