Tuesday, April 18, 2006

in a coffee shop, in a city

there are 2 coffee shops (and incidentally 2 bars) in this small ass town. one rules and one blows. the lame one is the one which is open later. i know this place is schwag, but still, imagine my surprise. i ordered an iced coffee and the girl actually filled a large cup with ice and put hot coffee over it.

what. the. fuck.

i mean seriously, i'm going to pay the same amount for half as much watered down coffee? i need CAFFEINE, woman! i don't care if it's "yummy." i don't want yummy, i want the high test shit.

at the other coffee shop, there is a cute boy who worls the counter. he knows me and i don't even have to tell him "half the usual ice, no room for cream." and it's ICED COFFEE. like coffee that they brew, then chill. in the refridgerator. and it gets me goin.

so i made her give me a large HOT coffee instead, and it was passable. back to my huge ass paper.

2 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

which is every coffee shop in every other city on a day which is every other day . . .
except Mo-cha-Pel-li's! We chilled our coffee. Of course!
Losers.

 
At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I picked up a magazine, which is every magazine, and I read a story and forgot it right away...

(Damn but that tune is in my head!)

Yeah, even in the coffe mecca of the world, you get some stupid baristas tryina put hot coffee over ice. I tell you what. But at some places, you can get "cold brew extract," which is THE SHIT.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home